Since 2014 the TDP has held three highly-successful Open Talent Workshops. With respected Aussie talent like Felicity Urqhuart, Morgan Evans and the amazing Francine Bell, it’s no wonder these workshops went down such a treat for so many young musicians who were there to learn from some of the best in the industry.
And now the June 2015 workshop has been announced, with *enrolments now being accepted.
As with previous workshops, it will run over a five-day period, with students given the opportunity to work with leading artists in both group and one-on-one tuition sessions including performance, song writing, styling, understanding repertoire, vocal technique and the importance of branding your own unique style.
The accessible, five-day workshop is held in Sydney and is open to anyone aged 14 to 23 with an interest in learning about the music business from some of the best musicians in the industry. There is NO audition process and students will work in masterclass and one-on-one tuition in performance skills, songwriting, styling and presentation, marketing and music management.
Students will attend masterclass with leading artists and sessions include:
– Work with Musical Director of the workshops singer songwriter Felicity Urquhart, leading musical theatre and Hollywood director Peter Cousens and award winning feature film songwriter Greg Agar.
– Songwriting sessions with leading songwriters
– Performance Confidence Sessions
– Sessions with Sony Music executives, talent agents and managers
– Dance and movement
– Commercial songwriting sessions- television promo’s and commercials.
The great news is that the TDP is again running one of their amazing and respected Open Talent Workshops. The bad news is that classes are strictly limited and on a first-come, first-served basis, so early enrolment is key (enrol via the link below).
Details for the 2015 Open Talent Workshop are as follows:
Dates: June 29 July 3, 2015
Venue: Qantas Credit Union Arena, Darling Harbour
Time: 9am – 5pm daily
Cost: $600 (bands quoted on request)
Open to: Ages 14 to 23
It’s hard to argue with the fact that the TDP is a highly valuable source of education when it comes to the training and education of Australia’s young, talented and passionate musicians. We’ve been doing this for decades and with success stories such as recent The Voice Australia winner Anja Nissen, international stars Human Nature, country music supergroup The McClymonts and music theatre star Trevor Ashley, it’s no wonder the TDP is the respected institution it has become.
To book your place in this unique and extraordinary course, go here: www.talentdevelopmentproject.org.au/forms/view.php?id=13160 – note: places are strictly limited.
A $100.00 deposit will secure your place, with payment in full on arrival on June 29th 2015. Closing date for applications is June 26th 2015*.
For further information, please contact the TDP office on (02) 9320 4221 or email Robyn at [email protected]
* The TDP reserves the right to cancel the June Open Talent Workshop giving three weeks’ notice. The cancellation will only be due to enrolments not reaching 30 students. All enrolled students will be notified by phone and email. The TDP accepts no responsibility for financial losses incurred in regards to travel or accommodation which may have been booked prior.
MORE INFORMATION HERE: